Saturday, February 10, 2007

Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Travel Fellowship - Reducing Youth Crime in Eastern Europe and Chile

Last Autumn I was fortunate to have undertaken a Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Travel Fellowship. I visited 6 countries (Estonia, Hungary, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Chile). My aim was to briefly research issues surrounding the socio economic situation in each country, its impact upon youth crime and what each Government was attempting to do to reduce re-offending.

The full report can be seen on our Reports and Evaluations page on www.lifechangeuk.com . It consists of an Executive summary and 6 seperate annexes, one for each country. I particularly draw your attention to some innovative work in Slovenia and the drive to promote Restorative Justice in Ukraine.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

Trevor Philpott

trevor.philpott@lifechangeuk.com